Wednesday 15 January 2014

#14 of 30

"Snowdrops"
6" x 6" - Oil on Canvas
SOLD

It was a very busy day and I wasn't sure that I would have time to paint today, but thankfully my wonderful husband played chauffeur, picking the boys up and taking them to music lessons.

Continuing on the spring theme. . . . .I snapped a photo of these while out walking the dog on Fernwood Road the other day!  They are the first snowdrops that I have seen this year.

In the image, the upper background was a dull, medium grey colour but it did nothing to enhance the lovely snowdrops so I took some artistic license and dipped into my box of colours, coming out with  . . . . transparent orange.  Layered over the mid grey it gave me this gorgeous warm hue that I think works beautifully to enhance these lovely little white gems.

My apologies.  The image is not quite as crisp as I would like but my camera battery is dead and I had to use my phone.  Will repost a clearer picture when the camera is read.

"Snowdrops" is going to live in Peachland!

No comments:

Post a Comment